Sunday, July 8, 2018

9 July 2018 - 7-11, More Than Just Slurpees


"Oh my Father, thou hast blessed me, with a love, of this island dear.
For its people, places and beauty, and that love, has replaced my fear. "

(Copyright Elder Meanea, 2018)

Monday, 2 July 2018
We had a kindly member take us on a ride to Jiayi so that would could buy stuff at costco and see an insect museum! That was pretty cool. There were some live ones, so I'm not sure if they fully understand what museum is, but that was also super cool. That night we went to a ward member's family home evening, so that was fun. These are some really great members, and I'm surprised that I am already so close to some of them after only 5 weeks. 


Tuesday, 3 July 2018We met with Harley today and finished teaching him most of the lessons. We talked about the temple and Eternal families. He seemed pretty awed by that concept. It's incredible to me that people have not considered this, and that it is what I have to tell them! His baptismal goal is set for Saturday the 14th of July. Two days before I pack up my bags. So pray for him. xD We also ran down to Jiayi so we could meet President Card. He is going to be a great leader for this mission. I miss President Teh, but honestly the Spirit testified to me in that meeting that President Card is really meant to be here, and I felt a little sad that I really wouldn't get to serve with him too much.

Wednesday, 4 July 2018
This morning we went and helped a member at a house he is fixing up to move into later. That was pretty cool, it's like a little man-cave in the woods, and he has a pond and everything where he can fish. After that we had a dinner with some Ward Members who took us to 吃到飽 where I did once again eat a lot of ice cream. After that we taught English class and a new student came!

Thursday, 5 July 2018
We had a good DTM, of course we sang a bunch of America songs because yesterday was the 4th of July. Somone was setting off fireworks, but it might have been in worship of a Taiwanese diety, but I'll take what I can get. And Harley passed his baptismal interview! He is so pumped to get baptized next week. We are so excited for him too!


Friday, 6 July 2018
Not too eventful of a day. We were working contacting and then tonight we called our other potential baptismal candidate Brother Chu. He is such a great and faithful man. We are pushing his date back a little bit. Originally it was this Saturday, but he needs to finish the lessons and quit some habits. He's working really hard though! He is in a lot of pain because of his stomach and the doctors can't really figure out what it is, but he wants to get baptized so badly. It really amazes me.

Saturday, 7 July 2018
We had a baptism today! Well, the ward did. A member child got baptized and the other elders in our district had an investigator get baptized that is super cool! His name is Andy and he already wants to go on a mission, which I think is so amazing.

Sunday, 8 July 2018
I had a really cool experience in Sacrament today. I was thinking about how soon I would leave these people behind, and how much ending my mission was going to change things, and then I realized that the important things always stay the same. Two weeks, a month, a year from now, I would still have the gospel in my life. I would still have the Gospel in my life, I would still be taking the sacrament no matter where I was. 


And then we had a really... different miracle tonight. One of the Zone leaders contacted a lady a few days ago who agreed to meet with the missionaries in Douliu, us. We set up with her last night and she came. She is honestly one of the most honest-hearted people that I have ever met. I could feel it. But she told us she didn't want to learn right now because her mom is a different religion and she didn't want family tension. We tried to explain how important this message is, and she said she wanted it, but that she couldn't leave her mom's wishes. She said maybe later after she was passed she could come and learn. I was praying so hard during that lesson because I could literally feel how much she was attracted by the gospel. But everyone has their agency. So the Spirit told us to open the Book of Mormon. I opened to Moroni chapter 10, verses 4-5, and as we read the promise that God has given us together. I 100% felt the Spirit testifying in my heart that it was true, and I know she felt it too. We invited her to continue to think about the things she had heard and seen, and invited her to return and learn one day when she was ready. I won't get to teach her, but someday someone will. And she will remember that sitting in a 7-11 on Sunday night, she did feel the love of her Heavenly Father. And then it will all be worth it. That's why I came. To share that love with all God's children. I have been so blessed to be here and do that. I know He lives and loves us family. Stay close to Him. Thank you for all your love and support.

-Elder Meanea

No comments:

Post a Comment