Monday, July 16, 2018

16 July 2018 - A Week of Lasts



"I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord,
Whether far or near I'll come.
I'll follow thy will with a heart sincere,
Even if it leads back to my home."


Monday, 9 July 2018
Today was the last Pday of my mission. A member, brother Xie took us out to see some sights and have a picnic. It was super fun. As the day was ending a rain storm approached, and he needed some dirt shoveled before the rain turned it to mud. So we spent the last part of Pday helping him shovel. Honestly that's exactly how I would've wanted it to end. Getting to help someone in need.



Tuesday, 10 July 2018
We went down to Jiayi again for our first interviews with President. Basically him just getting to know us. When he realized I was going home next week, he just laughed and said we could talk more at an interview then. We came home and visited the Lái family who we invited to do our Book of Mormon challenge next week. Brother Lái let us record his testimony which is perfect for our Investigator Brother Chu. It was a cool miracle.



Wednesday, 11 July 2018
After serving in the library this morning, we went and found a recent convert to the church who has found it a little more difficult to come to church recently. We shared some Scriptures with him which I hope helped, but on our way out the door, we ran into his mom dressed in a full length Buddhist black robe, chanting in front of an alter they have in their house. She smiled and waved as we left, and I'm not sure I've seen anything more bizzare on my mission. Last English class tonight I got to share my testimony which was fun.




Thursday, 12 July 2018
Last day helping out at that senior center. Everyone there seems to really be warming up to us, which is cool! Then I went on exchanges after district meeting, in which I shared my testimony again. That night we went out contacting and I had a good time seeing another awesome missionary's methods. -Elder Sano is a really fun guy who helps people feel really comfortable in his contacts.



Friday, 13 July 2018
We ate two dinners tonight. One with the YSAs and one with a less active member. I was very full, to say the least. That was pretty much the highlights of the day. The rain has been staying away from our contacting time, which is nice. It was also my last weekly planning as a missionary today!



Saturday, 14 July 2018
We came across an older lady in a park today. Her name was Lily and she had a real interest in coming to the BAPTISMAL SERVICE tonight and bringing some friends. It rained, so she couldn't make it, but it was cool to see how we were still finding people even though time is running out. The work still goes on! And then tonight we had a ward dinner right before Elder Francesconi baptized Harley. I'm so happy for him. The ward has been waiting four years for him to be able to get baptized and you could really feel the love they had towards him and how happy he is. It was a great miracle.



Sunday, 15 July 2018
Final Sabbath in Taiwan. It was a good Sacrament, and we were able to get all of Harley's baptismal forks taken care of after he got confirmed. Tonight was good. Elder Francesconi is a real trooper. A bad bout of nausea hit him before dinner and he wasn't feeling good, but he dragged himself out on the street so we could work my last full night in the field. He's such a great man. I'm now packed and ready to go.



Friends and family, this is my last weekly email to you all. I've given so many final testimonies I don't even know what to say anymore. But as you read this, I hope you can feel in your hearts its truthfulness:

God is our Father. He loves us. He loves me. This I know without a doubt.
Jesus Christ is His Son, who loves us and died to save us.
In these days, God has not forgotten us, but has restored the Fullness of the Gospel through living prophets. The evidence of this is the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. this book has changed my life forever, and I promise you if you read it and seek to know from God if it's true, He will tell you it is.

And most of all. God has a plan for us, to make us happy, and to bring us all back to Him with our families, and to heal us of our spiritual and physical wounds. This is the truth and I believe it.

And last of all, I love you as well. I know that we can't remember, but we are family. No matter who you are. And I pray God blessed you this day and forever.

-Elder Meanea

No comments:

Post a Comment