Monday, June 11, 2018

11 June 2018 - Last Area, Last Ward, Last District...


"Mine eyes have seen Taiwan bow down before our Savior, Lord, they are seeking out the gospel which has been, for us, restored!"

(Copyright Elder Meanea 2018)

Monday, 4 June 2018
Crazy move day Monday. I had to get out pretty early to catch my train to Yunlin County. It was only an hour and half ride. I said goodbye to Elder Bode and grabbed my two bags and hopped on the train! After a short ride, I arrived in Douliu, my "grave" as some might say since this is my last transfer. Haha, hopefully the members here don't just ignore me for six weeks because it's hard to get to know a new missionary. Elder Francesconi is my new companion. He is the same generation as Elder Bode, so I am "breaking" him as they say. After helping two other Elders get moved from here, we just got some grocery shopping done, then ate dinner with a member named Stone. He is pretty cool. Douliu is a lot like Puli, in that it is smaller and can get pretty slow during the day, but I am really excited to work out my last transfer here. 


Tuesday/Wednesday, 5-6 June 2018
This week has honestly been a bit of a blur. We spent these two days running around trying to get in contact with investigators and introducing me to members. It has been pretty busy, but good. We had English class Wednesday night, and there were 5 people there. Probably the least my whole mission, but that is okay, we will get more people to come and get in touch with the gospel! It has been overcast but not raining too much here. It's a lot quieter than I'm used to.

Thursday, 7 June 2018
We went and had lunch with our new district before District meetings started. I haven't met the other two Elders here before, so it's all fresh to me. It's very hard to not keep thinking of things as my "last." Like my last district, last Area, last chapel, it's very surreal to me, but I will probably not mention it again for 5 weeks. Contacting was good tonight! We ran into three cool people who were all willing to exchange contact info with us. The finding seems to be pretty good out here. We have a college in our area for the first time for me. Puli had one but it was closed most the time I was there. 


Friday, 8 June 2018
Weekly planning and then a really good lesson with a member's friend, Sister Huang. She is Christian and likes to talk, but was willing to come for a lesson! We taught her about the Restoration of the gospel, and the beginning was hard because she wanted to talk the entire time, but when we got to the first vision, she started to be really quiet and listen intently. It was a very intense moment, and you could really feel the Spirit testifying of the truth of the Restoration. I love teaching it so much. She agreed to begin reading the Book of Mormon to find out for herself, so we are really excited for her!

Saturday, 9 June 2018
A busy, busy day. We went in the morning to do service for a member and helped him pull weeds at this ranch he has up in the mountains, so that was fun. Then he fed us lunch and ice cream. Great morning. After that we went and met with the Bishop and one of his counselors at their respective houses. The ward seems really great here, and our Bishop is really funny, Bishop Liu. We talked a little bit about some activities that we want to do to help the ward to more missionary work. 


Sunday, 10 June 2018
My first Sunday in Douliu! It was a good Sacrament meeting, and two Filipino sisters showed up, so the bishopric had us translate the meeting for them. It was tiring, but I was happy to provide a service for them. Some lessons, contacting, and member visits filled the rest of the night.

The Gospel is the most important thing we can know and live! I knew what the Gospel was before my mission, but now I feel like I'm really "Coming unto [God]" and He is showing me my weakness. It can be frustrating at times to know how imperfect of a missionary I am, but I know that if I "humble myself before [Him] and have faith in [Him]" He will really make me strong. I love you family and friends. Have a great week!

- Elder Meanea

No comments:

Post a Comment